8.09.2006

We sailed last night, for Singapore

They WERE all mad as hatters there....
I wasn't able to get any pictures of the show, they were total nazis about everything involving the concert. After the fiasco with the tickets, it was only a matter of what else could go wrong.
Which, once Darla got to Memphis, not much did. It was a really awesome trip.
The concert was one of the best I've been to.
And Cassie?
He made a joke about your last name, ask me about it sometime...
On Saturday we did the drive by tour of most of the attractions, mostly without stopping. Graceland, Stax Records, The Civil Rights Museum, Sun Studios. We didn't have time to actually stop and get out as we had serious drinking to do. As does just about everyone we saw in Memphis.
I ended up liking Memphis, in a way. It was not at all what I anticipated, and hell, they drink like fish, how could I not?
I'll end this overdue post with a few pictures since I have to put together my self-promotion post soon.



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool. Nice Pics. Darla's cute.
Steph

Blackpetunia said...

Thanks,
Darla is great.

Ted said...

Seriously, Amber, I'm jealous... this looks awesome. I get the Memphis thing (tho I've never been)Living, breathing history, Americana DNA...

Blackpetunia said...

yes, that was completely it, and it's also very true because you can pretty much see the roots of our history(specially music history) and it's all run down, depraved, depressed and alcoholically, unambitiously falling down, sinking into the muddy river.
It was cool, I felt the place was quite haunted, pregnant with potential, yet stillborn in our times.
Also, I realized that the picture of the sunset with the two hot chicks? That is overlooking the area that Jeff Buckley drowned. Sad.

Ted said...

Ah... I just saw your addendum down below. You're a Jaramusch fan. That's funny, I was thinking your trip reminded me of "Mystery Train"

Blackpetunia said...

Everywhere we went I said, Oh my god, Mystery Train was so true to life, it was the mystery train, i loved it.

locomocos said...

what awesome photos! i wish i could have been there!

and Darla looks great! how are her and Jason? He didn't come?

Blackpetunia said...

No, he had to work. She was good, we want to try to hang out together in the winter, hopefully....
You would have loved it..I'd go back to Memphis for a weekend, just say the word.

Ted said...

did light your boyfriend's cigarette using your toes?

locomocos said...

did you see elvis and try to tell Joe Strummer's girlfriend all about it?

Blackpetunia said...

No, I didn't do either things. I'm not as cool as a seventeen year old Japanese girl.
I did consider eating a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich, but lo! I never found one!

Anonymous said...

I know where you can get a sandwich like that.. you let me know and we'll go for lunch. And uh, so I'm cooler than you? I mean, yeah, nothing like letting him smoke one while you hold it with your toes. Well, until he pulls back and the cig sticks to his lip and the cherry gets stuck between those once nice smooth nail painted toes. Then.. it's all over.. the pain of it all. Ah......... the memories