1.31.2007

Reasons for absenteeism

It's not that I haven't been productive, actually I've got a lot done lately.
First order of business:
I got a new car. I've never had a new car, I've had "new" cars but this is a brand new car.


Uh, and I moved to San Francisco! Actually I've been putting off taking a picture of my own. Mine is exactly like this though, except the windows aren't tinted.
It has this cool part by the stereo that tells me hello (on the display everytime I turn the car on) and that red line does a flashy Knight Rider display. It makes me feel really welcome.



It also has really cool blue lighting mixed in with the red.


I'm thoroughly enjoying my new car and would recommmend the Mazda3 to anyone, especially if you like manual transmissions, as it has a lot of pick up. The automatic wasn't bad either.

It also has a place to plug my iPod right into the stereo without any need for special hook-ups.

Other things that have kept me away:
I've also been pretty involved in a local political campaign and that has taken other pieces of my time as well as energy.
I am also planning something that could be a huge change in my life, and I'm not going to say more until I know for sure, but it involves business plans and stuff like that...

All in all, I'd say this year is starting to get better, but I'm still not placing any bets.

10 comments:

locomocos said...

HOLY CRAP!!! YOU BOUGHT A NEW CAR???

That's awesome!!! Sounds like things are picking up!!!

I'm glad you're doing well! I miss you and hope to ride in your new car ASAP!!!

So why a Mazda 3? Was is expensive (if you don't mind my asking)?
Maybe you no longer need your Stella and want to sell it to a good home....
wink wink!
haha!
Congrats on the car!!!!

Blackpetunia said...

It was not bad, for what it is. I got some special things on it that brought it up to close to 19K, which isn't bad. It's in the middle I guess. I still have the Stella and am not sure what to do with it. But, you know, having it in St. Louis is kind of a deterrent unless you plan on moving here....it'd be a bitch to get to Colorado since it's not really something you want to ride on I-70, not to mention how long it'd take... we should talk soon. I miss you too.

Denny said...

Good choice Amber. I was never a fan of Mazdas until the recently. The last one I owned had transmission problems. That could have been from me trying to drive like Steve McQueen though

This and That said...

my dad will buy the stella from you! (and he is in St. Louis). even bigger than the car, which looks great, is that you now live in San Fran!!! Did I read that right?

Ted said...

It's just a picture, ding dong!

Blackpetunia said...

yeah, I wish. I'm still in St. Louis, but if your dad gives me enough for the Stella I might be able to move there. I was going to take pictures tonight of the car, but then a helicopter shined its spotlight through my window and I realize there were about 20 cops in my back yard looking for someone. They caught him in the neighbors yard. A far cry from San Fran, nevertheless, not the best photo op....

Anonymous said...

yeah, yeah...I am an idiot...but hey Caff X....at least I write blog entries!!!!

Blackpetunia said...

She has a good point there, Caff.

locomocos said...

ugh - i think i have first dibs on the bike!

but then again - you'd have to wait till i move out there in a few months!

Blackpetunia said...

Uh, not from what your blog said....I don't think a French speaking African country is anywhere in my vicinity.